Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Do List

"The Fillmore family is approved to adopt a female child, as healthy as possible, between the ages of three months and eighteen months from Kyrgyzstan."

These are the words that brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart today. Our fabulous social worker emailed the home study report to me today to make sure everything was correct.  And it was.  We have officially been approved to adopt our baby girl!!!

Now only a few things to do before our dossier goes off to Kyrgyzstan.

1-Mail home study report to USCIS for immigration approval

2-Mail dossier to Adoption Ark for approval for authentication

3-Mail dossier to Secretary of State in Austin for authentication

4-Mail dossier to Washington DC for translation into Kyrg

I plan to do items 1 and 2 simultaneously if at all possible.  This way if AA finds something wrong with all our other documents, I will be able to correct them before I can move on to item number 3 which cannot be completed until 1 and 2 are done.  

We have much to celebrate today. Praise be to the Lord!


 

No comments: